Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Current Management Problem

A current management problem that I am now facing this semester is taking place at work and school. On Tuesdays and Thursdays my first class starts at 4:10pm, but I work as well and get out of work around 4pm. So, so far I've been late almost every Tuesday and Thursday to class. I tried to explain my situation to my supervisor and then reversed and explained it to my professor. Something is going to have to give but what.........

3 comments:

Pierre said...

In your situation, I can only tell you that there may come a time for you to choose one over the other: school or work. Each one has it merits and depending on your exact situation, one may be far more important or necessary for you at this moment. In the mean time all that I can say is that you try and speak to your boss about letting you out of work earlier by maybe letting you come in earlier. Best of luck to you.

izzy said...

I agree with pierre. It comes down to choose between one another. And if you really want to analize it even further, think about it this way: you have your whole life to work, but this is the time when you want to finish with school, while you're in your early 20's. So the best action will be to finish with school as early as you can, and then get out and start working full time.

Yu Huang said...

I kind of have the same problem as you. I am trying to balance work and school, which is extremely difficult. I wish I could have unlimited time to do everything but life is not as it seems.