Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Decision Making Process

The method I chose to use to handle the conflict was "collaborating." It's something that has always come natural to me and it was a class decision we had to make together. So there is no point in forcing anything but you have to kind of slowly coax your point across to others. The bully tactic wouldn't work with such a large class and such opinionated students. Now that I've seen every one's reaction I should have stuck with "compete to win" tactic. I should have stuck with what I wanted and stayed consistent with my decisions. That way I would have received everything I wanted overall as oppose to loosing some of the proposals we had on the board in the beginning.

2 comments:

Ddurham said...

In some instances a compete to win attitude would work fine, but as you pointed out a compete to win attitude would never work in our class. I'm glad you choose to collaborate with the others or we wouldn't have gotten anything. We were lucky that the teacher let us to continue to vote after some had left the class.

Aileen Rodriguez said...

I believe and for what I have read in most blogs many students chose collaboration as their approach in handling this decision making process. After much consideration, collaboration was the way to go. And with the greatest effectiveness. I must say that you were determined from the very beginning to lay out your proposals. You took the initiative in presenting your tactics in front of the class which is great. It shows how in control you can be. Overall, you might have not accomplish or gain as much as you would have liked but given the circumstances the outcome whether big or small benefitted us all one way or another. Great job!!!!